Friday, October 2, 2020

Quarantine Restoration

    
    2020 has been a crazy year. All of my plans sort of went haywire. Quarantine seemed like a perfect time to restore the old Whaler. I have been meaning to "put in the work" for a number of years but somehow was always too busy. When sanding her down for a new prime and paint I noticed that the anchor punched a hole in the fibreglass within the anchor box. Both sides of the stern had cracks in the glass that looked like they were letting water in. I probably could have just patched up the problem areas but that is not how I do things. I love this boat so I did it right. I cut holes in the glass and removed all of the wet foam. Reformed and patched the glass. I primed and painted her that good ol' Boston Whaler Blue. It is far from a new boat, but for a 1966, she ain't looking bad. 










 o
 


















































No comments:

Post a Comment