Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Walleye Suprise.

I was very surprised when I caught my first walleye in a trout stream but now it's no surprise. Walleye have established populations, via state stockings, in many of the larger Western Mayland Reservoirs. These Reservoirs are the source for the big tailwaters of the state and must be pumping a few walleye through the dam- Enough of them to be catchable! I would imagine that this is the case for most tailwater rivers with an established population of walleye in the feeder reservoir AND without hydro-electric power. My experience is that many fewer fish make it threw dams with hydro-power.  So, If the trout fishing slows down, put on a heavy streamer and prob the depths of the deepest pools and you may be in for a treat!




No comments:

Post a Comment