Tuesday, September 25, 2018

A Roller Coaster of Flows.

I was able to hit the river during a three-day window of 300 cfs flow and the fishing was fantastic! The lower portion of the river was getting a lot of runoff, was more off-color, and likely considerably warmer. As always, I went looking for clear cool water and found some hungry fish waiting for me! There were plenty of Browns, Brookies, and a surprising number of Rainbows! I am guessing that some Rainbows spilled over from the lake OR the high flows allowed a bunch to make it way up river from the Potomac. I hooked my very first Palamino Trout in the Savage, but, most likely a result of my astonishment, it came unbuttoned before I landed it. 







We are likely stuck with some high flows for the remainder of the week! So if you are not opposed to some still water fishing the smallmouth have been hitting pretty good!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment