Monday, May 12, 2014

Harbor Carp...

These days everyone is all about carp. I don't get it, Never did, Never will. These things live everywhere and they are not all that hard to hook. They are a good bit of trouble to bring in- I'll give them that. However, I am going to have to catch a few this year because I did buy some new gear and I have to justify it. I saw some big ones walking home from the Charles Bradley show last night and figured it might be fun to catch some harbor carp while I stalk the next species on my hit list.


Mr. Bradley, Good Show. 


Update: I decided to take a walk down there tonight and scope it out with the fly rod. The white perch hit first cast. The harbor carp are there but were just cruising tonight. I think its a matter of playing the tide right, either way catch-able fish if you time it right. Water was pretty nasty would be a big help if that cleared up but with rain in the forecast unlikely. Oh yeah and a what looked to be a black rat snake snacking on something.

 Cross that one off the list.

Rat Snake... Interesting..

No comments:

Post a Comment