Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Striped Bass, Where have you gone?

I headed up to Jersey to see the old stomping ground and hook up with my old buddy, the Striped Bass. Conditions were perfect, the bunker were everywhere, but the bass were nowhere to be found.
 I fished the bay, the ocean, the rocks, the beach, the river, and the bridges, but they weren't there. Two day out on the water and had no bass to show for it. Did hook up with some Blues on the beaches and behind the bunker, but no bass.
 My brother dove all day long, the following day and only saw two bass. It was pretty clear that the wave of bass that I had been hearing about had moved north. Oh well, that is what I get for only allotting two days on the Ocean.
 It was nice to be back on my boat however, I can not wait till August when I can take her out again.

No comments:

Post a Comment