Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Blown Out? Think Again....

The Gun was pushing a lot of water. Water was clear but very high.
 I found some fish in the eddies. Some smaller brown that I did not take pictures of and some fallfish. Why a picture of a fall-fish, you ask? They were further up river than I had ever caught one before. I also have to double check the when they spawn, because in the flooded grasses along the bank I found some type of fish larvae and I'd be willing to guess these fall-fish were behind it.
 I had landed four or five browns along with the fallfish and then I got to thinking. When I drove over the river downstream it was quite muddy. Not to far up stream the water was running high but clear. I saw this as a opportunity to try something different. I headed downstream to a big pool that a new was still muddy but improving. I got there and it looked unfishable very fast high muddy water, but that's what I was looking for. When I was fishing upstream in the clear water I noticed that the fish were stacked up in the eddy. My hope was that this fish down here would do the same thing, the only difference being the muddy water. The muddy water allowed some stealth in an area were I feel like I always spoke the fish. 


 The plan worked out well. I worked the slower seams and the eddies and hooked these and a few other fish with short casts in the muddy water.

No comments:

Post a Comment